Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

50 for 50


So, tomorrow’s the 4th. The good ole’ Fourth of July; celebrating our beautiful country.

taken on my bike ride this morning. yes, bike ride.

What’s that? I haven’t shared my July goals with you guys yet? How inconsiderate of me.

Let me start with my short term one – it’s a one week challenge I decided to throw at myself in honor of our country, and each of our 50 states. I decided to run/bike one mile for each one of those states this week. Even the states I hate, like Nebraska. (sorry Nebraskans, nothing against you guys... just route 80)

Source
Or the hood life? You choose.

50 states = 50 miles. Originally I played with the thought of just running 50 miles this week. But I realized that jumping from about 30 miles (on average) a week to a random 50 may make my foot extremely angry at me. So I decided 15 of those miles can be on my bike. 9 of those bike miles were already used up this morning, on my quick little sunrise ride.


me being unhappy about waking up at 5:30.

So that already puts me at 20 miles for the week; only 30 to go! No cheating, I promise.

I’ve found it’s better for me to keep it simple when it comes to goals. Not make a list of 46 things I want to complete for the month, then epically fail and feel bad about myself. JUNE goals went well. I successfully drank a green smoothie EVERY day of June. However… I probably only foam rolled for about half the month and then got bored/distracted/busy/lazy. You win some you lose some; I’ll keep working on that.

Goal #1 for July: I’ve decided to once again pair up with Run to the Finish and try out her 30 day Ab Challenge. Each day a new workout is posted on Youtube via Strong Like Susan, and so it will be super easy to follow along. 

click here
Goal #2 for July: Incorporate a little more green into my life once again. Green tea that is.  Coffee’s been my go-to lately, but I’m going to switch that out for green tea at least twice a week, and try to pump up the antioxidant count.

yum!? not really.
That’s it on the goal side of things, but hold on, wait, don’t stop reading! I have an EPIC oatmeal recipe to share with you; it may be just what you need to start off your 4th tomorrow morning...

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal
  • 1/2 - 2/3 cup raw oats
  • Handful of Flax seed/chia seeds (fiber) - optional
  • 1 TB Cinnamon
  • 1 TB vanilla
  • 1 TB dried unsweetened coconut (optional)
  • 1 sliced peach
  • 1-2 TB liquid egg whites (optional protein)

 Throw it all in a microwave safe bowl. Cover oats completely with vanilla almond milk, or any other kind of milk you may have on hand.

Microwave 2-3 mins until it has solidified. Sprinkle a handful of crushed bran cereal (fiber 1, bran flakes etc) on top, and drizzle a little agave/maple syrup to sweeten it up.



Now if you don’t love that, you can slap me in the face and call me Sally.

Enjoy your Tuesday, and stay tuned – there will be a special 4th of July edition of Weird Wednesdays tomorrow. Let’s just say, it has to do with baton twirling.

2 comments:

  1. the peach cobbler oatmeal sounds tasty! i have never put egg whites in my oatmeal. might try that out. and I like your goal of 50 miles. have a fun time reaching it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!