Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

I used to be an Olympian. Kind of.

I read something interesting the other day.

I read that recent Japanese research has found that ripe bananas (with brown spots) are actually really good for you, and have the ability to fight abnormal cells (cancer).

This intrigued me, mainly because I feel like ripe bananas tend to get a bad rap. Guilty as charged; I prefer them more on the green side versus brown. However, knowing this, when glancing at my bananas this morning when making a smoothie, I got happy that I was able to add some cancer-fighting action to my daily drink.



Anyways, what was this post suppose to be about? Oh yeah, how I used to by an Olympian.

Obviously that a semi-false statement. Let's correct it to be a little more true: I used to live, eat and train among Olympians. There we go.

whose that in the green ring? me.
I know I've mentioned this before, and that it's in the My Story section, but I couldn't help to feel extra proud while watching the opening ceremonies last night. Sidenote - did that opening sequence showing all of the amazing athletes make anyone else cry? #Guilty


Source


Spring 2010 I had the opportunity to intern at the Olympic Training Center out in Colorado Springs. It truly was a mind-blowing experience, even just to live in the dorms on the campus, dine at that state-of-the-art food hall three meals a day, and use the same workout facilities that some of these athletes we are watching over there in London used.

I got to swim in the same pool that Michael Phelps did.

No, that is not the pool.
Seriously though, aside from experiencing the sport administration side of things as an intern there, just seeing the day-to-day efforts these athletes put in was extremely humbling.


This is posted up at the Training Center. I love it.
Speaking of being humble, I've been trying to put forth effort the past two days in taking care of myself and listen to other's advice, and so have been doing all non-impact training. Yesterday I even managed to swim four consecutive laps in the pool, no stopping. I know that sounds easy, but for me it's not. I was quite proud.

I AM SO PROUD
So, as I sit here in my living room watching Phelps and Lochte tear it up in the pool over there with our Brit friends, I can't help but feel inspired to head over to the club and do some more laps today. I figure today should be fairly light, as I'll head out for 12 miles early tomorrow morning.

I can't remember the last time I ran 12 miles. Maybe sometime in May?

Cheers to a great weekend!


2 comments:


  1. The business can be a Europe omega replica uk maker and also just about the most esteemed on earth. Corum was created inside 1956. Currently, their place has been L . a . Chaux de Fonds inside Swiss. Also inside the start, the business proven an original aim and also persona feature inside the school of thought. The purpose of the business has been to supply, "Superb design includes with all the countless seek out attractiveness and also advancement. inches Whilst a fresh business, the particular pioneers realized just what it could rolex replica sale acquire to reach your goals. Corum brand name timepieces remain dwelling this kind of school of thought nowadays. There were adjustments for the business as time passes. A single considerable modify are at the pinnacle with the business. Corum is currently work simply by Severin Wunderman which is well known around the globe being a visionary on the market. Mr. Wunderman is currently the master of Corum. Even though the top quality as well as the appearance with the Corum observe never have altered, you can find evident distinctions inside the design of these kinds of timepieces, specifically given that Severin Wunderman has brought above. Corum timepieces give you a younger and also energetic aspect in their mind. Several inside the media have got branded the particular timepieces since breitling replica uk adventurous for special type and also style. The business continues to offer you these kinds of entertaining and also very well developed timepieces, which can be really special inside the observe planet nowadays. Severin Wunderman is not any fresh artist for the industry, and also Corum's president, Louis Cottier worked well tough to ascertain the business regarding just what it really is nowadays.



    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!