Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Two Days

It’s snowing again today. I suppose I can’t really comment, as I’ve stated in the past that my personal rule is I can’t complain about snow until we hit March.

Two more days 'til March guys.

I realized that the combination of a beautiful weather weekend followed by three crappy cold snowy days of weather this week was been the perfect concoction for a bad attitude, and not feeling so hot. I have literally been a Debbie Downer to the point that I googled ‘things to do to make me happy’ … and super unmotivated to the point that I considered going to bed at 7:30 pm last night.

Instead, I went over to Andrew’s in full-fledged pout mode, and he did two things that I really needed.
  • Got me a mini cheesecake from Whole Foods
  • Told me to stop being a pansy

Fair enough. So I guess instead of sitting here being a crying pansy, I will do everything in my power to share positive things.

I’m feeling good about the workout balance that I’m finding over the course of this past month. Andrew and I recently bought a Bikram Hot Yoga Groupon, so that will now be implemented 1 – 2xs per week, on top of my twice(ish) a week spinning, running, and crossfitting. Pretty solid balance if you ask me.

source

Speaking of crossfit, here is my most recent WOD:

4 sets, for time
15 thrusters (45 lbs)
15 burpees over the bar

Total Time, 12:36. Shoulders are still feeling sore today.

I discovered a few challenging looking treadmill workouts on Ashley’s blog - I think I may try the one below out this week. I’ve been trying a little harder recently to find more blogger friends who I enjoy reading. Another is Becki over at Bites & Brews who is currently hosting a Craft Beer book giveaway if you’re interested!

original source

Last but not least, one of my favorite ways to stay positive is to find quotes on Pinterest and share them, set them as my phone background, write them down, etc. I find a lot of power in simple words, so I shall leave you with a few.




and my personal favorite - 



Cheers to being halfway –

Kait


7 comments:

  1. Good luck with that run! I was dying when I got to incline 10. I had to stop and take a break for a second. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. i love when you go on quote binges on pinterest because i usually pin them right after you do :) also, it sounds like brad and andrew do the same thing when it comes to pouting. sometimes i just want to pout and brad doesn't let me! it's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great rule - I get so annoyed when people complain about snow all winter. It's winter! That's what it's supposed to do! Snow in May however (which we got in Stockholm last year) is another matter...

    Good luck with the Bikram - I lasted about 10 minutes!!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake sounds lovely! I have had a rough end of weekend through tonight too. I'm hoping tomorrow is better! And gah I hate thrusters. Did those last night with 55# and it was so hard. Sore legs today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew is the greatest, treats you then tells you to deal with it :) ALMOST March!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you have a bikram groupon in your area! I've been crossing my fingers literally every week since we moved here that I could score a great deal on classes but they havne't showed up yet!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!