Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Five Things Friday

BEFORE we go any further, I have an announcement. Last night, at my third Blue Crab Crossfit class ever, I did my first double unders! 45 total, strung together about 10 in a row. The coach, Ben, was awesome, and sorry I'm not sorry, I'm a little bit proud of myself.

Moving on.

For Five Things Friday, I’m going to name one thing under each of the five categories that I’ve selected. This has been done mainly to cover the random assortment of things that I want to discuss.


1 (one) thing I loved this week – My run on Wednesday after work. Temperatures were hovering right around 55, and I was able to pull on shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. It was magical. I did a couple laps around Patterson Park and then a short jaunt down by the water, totaling just over seven miles for this girl.


1 (one) thing (I realized) I dislike this week – The fact that Starbucks doesn’t offer almond milk. Am I being outrageous here with this expectation? I guess I just figured that enough people across the country now drink almond milk almost exclusively… it would just be an awesome option to have. Is anyone else with me here? Hello Starbs, are you listening to me??

1 (one) thing I (oddly) miss – I never in a million years thought I would say this. But while I was in the office kitchen earlier this week, another dept. was setting up for their team breakfast, and a woman was setting up one of those electric griddle things. See below.



It flashed me back to my time working in the Sunflower Deli back in good ole’ Fort Collins, CO (which is now apparently a Sprouts). Once a month we had a senior breakfast, and would set up about five of those griddles at 6 AM to cook up a plethora of pancakes, sausages, etc. At the time one of my favorite hobbies was b*tching about that job, but looking back, it was a job that kept me incredibly active, I worked with very caring people, and got to interact with a ton of (mostly) happy customers on a daily basis. I mean we were in Colorado after all – everyone is pretty much always happy there.

me, in Colorado, being very happy.

1 (one) thing that makes me sad – My leg still hurts. My right hamstring to be exact, right up under my butt. The thing is, it isn’t sharp or jabbing or anything that is super restrictive (hence why I still allow two runs per week) but my sadness comes from the fact that it has been lingering since late September. If I had to wager (I’ve been doing some reading) it’s an obnoxious case of high hamstring tendon apathy – you can readthis post on it, or this article, and then shake your head and agree with me.

I’ve started implementing some of the mentioned exercises and should probably get a little more aggressive with them. Any other suggestions or comments on this matter is more than appreciated.

Last but not least –

1 (one) thing that makes me excited USA men’s hockey vs. Canada, today at noon EST. A win puts us in the finals – fingers crossed!

Zach Parise

Linking up with #Backthatazzup Friday – enjoy the below jam!



Cheers to ‘Merica!!

And last, but not least - an extra Friday thing. This late V-day gift - a giraffe named Sphincter - showed up on my porch last night. I love him like he's my own son.



Tell me some things you love/hate/miss/are confused by/pumped for this week. Ready go-

Kait

5 comments:

  1. Way to go with the double unders!! My leg is still bothering me too and sometimes I can't run as much as I want to. It really sucks. I'm excited for the hockey! Thanks for reminding me that I need to go get the gym over with so I don't miss the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i am SO with you on the almond milk at starbucks. i've even considered bringing my own, but figured they would just look at me funny, so i stick with the soy. in fact, i'm about to head out to get starbucks to watch during the men's hockey game! my boyfriend is canadian, so it's a bit of a rivalry hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's actually pretty surprising that sbux doesn't have almond milk, I feel like they are always ahead of the curve. Maybe they'll hear you out now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starbucks needs to get their ish together. I love when I ask for Almond/coconut at places and they say... uhhh we have soy? Like that's what I was looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  5. brad can't do double unders and it makes me feel so much better about myself because it is the one thing i can do better than him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!