Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

White Stuff

Did you hear the news? Today is my two year anniversary of living in Maryland! Mother Nature decided to throw a celebration for me - it snowed all of last night - granting pretty much the entire East Coast/MidAtlantic a snow day!

The kind handsome man on the left shoveled me out this morning. The kind young lad on the right lent us his shovel for $3. What a bargain  ;)

Maryland actually declared a state of emergency yesterday morning - hours before the first flakes even began to fall. As for Andrew and me, we decided to celebrate our impending snow day with some Guinness Stew from a local Irish Pub.


Good stuff.

Apparently we are suppose to get some more white stuff tonight - we'll see what happens. Until March hits, I will always welcome snow with open arms; it makes me happy.

In other developments, tomorrow marks the halfway point for Fabruary. Have you been following along? 

SORRY I had to cut off Day 1 to make the calendar fit  :)

I find that as the numbers get higher, it's easier for me to break it up into sets. For example, today calls for 110 squats and 45 push-ups, so I will most likely do 35 squats, 15 push-ups, 35 squats, 15 push-ups, 40 squats, 15 push-ups. Makes it a little less intimidating in my opinion. Also quick note - knee push-ups are better than no push-ups. Tailor the workout to what works for you!

Running was suppose to happen today, but I'm really not looking to get sopping wet in the current piles of slush that have taken over B'more... so it looks like the bike trainer will happen instead. Weather changes out here more often than Taylor Swift changes boyfriends (sorry Tay, love you) - they are actually calling for a high of 60 one day next week. Until the meltage subsides, the workouts will remain indoors.

Hope you're staying dry and warm - wherever you are. Enjoy V-day tomorrow, and remember that it doesn't just have to be about your significant other. Love everyone and anyone - it's an instant mood booster.

Skiing is on the docket for Saturday, fingers crossed that all of this snow doesn't change those plans.

Cheers -

K

5 comments:

  1. A snow day for your two year anniversary of living there sounds like a pretty good anniversary gift to me. Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This snow. Yuck. What a way to celebrate living in maryland haha I did enjoy my day off from classes though... so there's that. No running for me either. Rev Cycle it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable, a shovel rental. I wonder how much money he would have asked for to have him do the shoveling himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely remember all the shoveling from when we lived in the midwest, I tried to convince myself it was just a good workout so I would get it done, but then my back was like WHAT?! Hope it ends for you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echt tolle Seite. Rubbish bin eigentlich nur per Zufall hier gelandet, aber ich bin jetzt schon complete von der tremendous Seite beeindruckt. Gratuliere dazu!! Viel Erfolg noch durch der sehr guten Home-page mein Freund. Expired domains

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!