Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Yumday

Winter decided to tease us this weekend - temps broke 60 both Saturday and Sunday, and it made me way too excited for Spring to officially get here.


Friday night myself, the boy and few friends made our way down the Fillmore in Silver Spring to check out a country concert. It turned out to be an entirely acoustic set with Joe Nichols, Chase Rice, Thompson Square, Craig Campbell and Eric Paslay and I think we would all agree it was a pretty stellar performance.

good times!
In other new, has anyone tried this coffee?


It's one of my new favorites.

Food prep has (nerdishly) become on of my favorite parts of Sunday. On top of my favorite crockpot sweet potato casserole, I also made my own healthy fruit snacks, and a spaghetti squash egg fritata bake for the week.

fruit snacks in the making
breakfast this week? yes please.
Dinner tonight was pizza from a local Baltimore restaurant, Verde. My pizza happened to be gluten-free, and we enjoyed it with some wine up on the deck before the sun went down and temps started dipping back down to cold.

YUM
I feel good about this week. Last week of February - March is on Saturday, can you believe it?? Let's make it great.

Cheers - 

Kait




7 comments:

  1. Soooo now I know where I'm getting pizza from next time... aka probably in about 2 days from now haha glad you took advantage of the weather! It was definitely a nice change and I'm dreading going back to the snowy temps again this week. COME TO NOVEMBER PROJECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entirely acoustic?! That sounds awesome. I'm a big country fan. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to get on your food prep level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous that you got to try that coffee!! I'm dying for a DD and have to wait until May to head back to the East Coast to get some! Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That concert sounds amazing, I love acoustic music and live is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home made fruit snacks?! I must, must try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your warm temps. Hopefully spring will hurry on and get here soon so we can all get outside some more! All your food prep meals look delicious, you'll be eating well this week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!