Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Turning the Corner


Is anyone else absolutely blown away by the fact that September is right around the corner?  IT’S THIS SATURDAY!

I’ve never been one to go by official dates when it comes to the seasons. I know that there is an ‘official day’ that fall begins on, etc., but in my mind, September = fall. Something I am very excited about.

Last Fall in Vail
What am I excited about? 
  • Football games
  • Crisp cool days, coinciding with long runs
  • Changing leaves
  • Fall brews
  • Bowls of chili
  • Wearing sweats any time I’m not at work… the list goes on and on.

Maryland football!!!

my daily attire.
pretty leaves.
I'm so excited, in fact, I’m going to share my most recent smoothie recipe with you guys. I whipped this bad boy up on Saturday afternoon, and it hit the spot. Hard.

-1 bannana
-1/2 cucumber
-1 kiwi
-1/2 apple
-splash of lime juice
-splash of tart cherry concentrate



As you can see, I proceeded to eat the other half of the apple with peanut butter. One of my favorite combos ever.

Another exciting development: I hit my #plankaday goal last night. Actually topped it – check it out!


Hope everyone is having a splendid Tuesday. I’m off to run the following on the track:

2 mile warm-up
6 x 800 (2:50 pace)
400 between each 800
Couple miles cool down.

Holllaaaaaaa – cheers!

1 comment:

Leave me some love!