Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Flying Funnies

Man oh man, I've just been a writing machine lately. I'm currently on AirTran's far from fabulous wifi, mainly so that I could get onto Spotify and catchup on some great country jams. I'm behind on music lately.


I realized while going through security in the Milwaukee airport this morning that sometimes I find myself doing borderline passive-aggressive things out of sheer entertainment. Example: I packed this guy in my carry-on, knowing damn well that it was larger than the however many ounce bottles they let us carry onto the planes these days....



I mean, it was either try my luck, or leave my favorite hair gel in Illinois. So of course the nice x-ray man pulled my gel off the machine and screamed,

"Whose stuff is this?"

"Mine!" I replied sweetly, with a dumbfounded look on my face. "Ma'am, do you realize this container is larger than the what we allow you to carry on?"

"No, I'm really sorry I didn't even realize that!"

"Well, we will go test it for hazardous materials, and if it's clear you can take it. Next time, please check it."

That I would do sir, if I was checking a bag.

These days I'm flying an average of just about once a month. I've got to work with what I've got.

While on the topic of flying, why is it that about 50% of pilots have precious southern accents? Not complaining, there's always something soothing knowing that the man who currently has my life in his hands has an accent. There's no explanation as to why, but that's just how I feel.



There's a badass 12 year old girl in the row next to me, flying alone. The flight attendant tried to put her basketball in the overhead bin, and she demanded she keep it under her seat with her. Then she was told to turn off her ipod for takeoff, and I literally watched her wait for the attendant to walk away, and then turn it back on. We had a solid 5 seconds of eye contact and she just glared back at me.  Not that I care, I never turn off my phone on flights, airplane mode is how I roll.

I sat next to a pilot on a flight to Denver once, and I watched him keep his phone on airplane mode for both takeoff and landing, so that's my justification.

Rebels.


Had to say goodbye to her this morning. We both cried a little. My wonderful mom of course stuffed my backpack full of food, including this special treat from Costco:


Pumpkin lover 4 Lyfe.

Electronics off, wheels down in D.C. in about 20 minutes. Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend. Anyone have any funny travel stories/habbits they want to share?

Cheers!

1 comment:


  1. Early on incarnations regarding private watches necessary the particular person to be able to wind flow their particular observe each 10 to be able to a day. Any self-winding rolex replica sale observe movements increases about in which simply by including any rotor, a great peculiar fat in which gusts of wind the inner mainspring with all the normal action with the observe wearers provide. The particular totally injure observe are able to keep correct moment for about forty-eight hrs. As a result an automatic movements help keep functioning exactly right away although the particular person just isn't lively. Several difficult hublot replica sale programmed timepieces are usually very popular lovers things and also desired simply by observe fans around the globe. They might need a lot more servicing yet previous regarding years. Programmed timepieces may also be regarded a lot more green simply because they will not will need power packs. Breitling, Corum, and also Girard-Perregaux are usually just some of the particular storied organizations that induce excellent programmed cartier replica uk timepieces define the particular art. Several projects leave behind anticipations inside their very fantastic issues and also their particular excellent attractiveness. Several fine art museums have got created complete shows about programmed timepieces and also there are a few who have marketed with market regarding more than a thousand money. The with the observe since private merchandise provides visited a lengthy and also roundabout regarding above several generations.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!