Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Dog Kisses

My sister and I had a pretty awesome discussion the other night. We were wrestling with Jane on my bedroom floor, and she noted,

"I think what I love most about Jane is how much she just loves life. Almost every single moment, she's able to find joy in it."

I love that. It's true, probably for most dogs. But then the question started brewing in my head...



Why isn't this true for most humans?

Finding joy in almost every single moment of life. Through the good and the bad. That's some hard stuff right there. But is it possible? I think it might be.

It's super easy to get caught up in the hardness and roughness of life. When the curveball gets thrown, and you swing and miss and run off in the corner with your tail between your legs, only to throw a pity party for yourself. It's actually one of my favorite things to do.

I've had similar rants on here before about joy, it's a word I love and am passionate about. But this isn't really a rant. This is me simply publicly committing to attempting to find joy in the moments that I really don't want to. Recently I've been writing it on my hand to give myself a frequent reminder.



Hold me accountable on this one, OK?

I woke up this morning feeling nice and sore from a solid crossfit workout yesterday evening, coached by my friend Greg. The WOD was:

Slam balls, sets of 50-40-30-20-10 reps.
Between each set, run 200 meters.

The Rx weight for the slam balls was 30/20, but out of fear for not being able to walk today I used 10 lbs. I finished right around 10:18, and Greg patted my on the back and said 'you probably could have used a 20 lb ball.'

He was probably right. Although I'm not consistently doing crossfit, I have been trying to incorporate more of those type of workouts into my routine. I think I'm getting stronger? Don't quote me on that.

REAAALLLY hope the neighbors didn't see me snap this
This morning still required some heavy foam rolling. Jane thought it was a toy and tried chewing it.


I'm gonna miss that mutt. I'm flying out of Milwaukee tomorrow morning. Time at home was great, but it will definitely be nice to fall back into a routine again in  Baltimore. Type A at it's finest. 

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and are able to find joy even in the shitty harder parts. If you need any help, go find a dog, they are great examples.

PS- today's my mom's Bday - if you know her, make sure you wish her a very happy one! :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. i think i like that workout. maybe tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Was def sweating like crazy afterwards

      Delete

Leave me some love!