Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Sweet (Potato) Weekend

The other day, while frolicking aimlessly around Walmart (who does that?) I stumbled upon this guy:



The LARGE size of my favorite kind of peanut butter, for $3. Naturally I bought five jars a jar, and let me tell you, I've been going to town on this bad boy for the past week. Smoothies, oatmeal... even on top of my banana pancakes over the weekend...



Are you jealous? You should be. Go buy some. Peanut butter = protein = happy muscles.

I littered it all over social media already, but holy cow did we have an awesome time paddle boarding this past Saturday in Annapolis. If you have the chance to try it, do it. We rented them for the day for $40, and it was well worth it.



It was our first time, the weather was perfect, and we had a ball exploring the many inlets of the Annapolis Harbor. We even ventured under the bridge and paddled by the Annapolis Yacht Club, which harbors boats bigger than my house, no joke. The boats were so big they had boats on them that had boats them.

Sorry I wasn't able to snap any pics of them... Andrew strongly urged me not to bring my phone out on the water with me, which was probably a good call. Although I didn't fall in, by 3 p.m. we were both sweaty and bailed off our boards to cool down. I did manage to convince him to bring his own (older, crappier) phone out the second time we set out, so that we could capture some memories.



"It's for the blog babe."

Not only did we get some exploring under our belts and some sun on our skin, but we also got a killer core/arm work out. Good times. Go do it.

Andrew deserted me for the week, so to cheer myself up last night I decided that I deserved pizza. So I did some searching and stumbled upon Carrots 'n' Cake's Sweet Potato Crust Pizza, saw my sweet potatoes sitting on the counter, and set to work.

I am a fan. And have zero shame when I say that I ate half of it last night, and the rest of it tonight for dinner. Some sweaty Sunday miles sure will work up an appetite.




The plan is to get up early tomorrow morning and hit 7 slow-paced miles before heading to work. Do you think it will happen? I would say odds are currently sitting at 50/50.

I'm winding down for the night, but it was great catching up. Anyone have a weekend story to share? Favorite kind of pizza perhaps?

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. That sweet potato pizza crust looks awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try that. I love Carrots'n'Cake's blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come make me that pizza, please. we can each have a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking
    about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

    Here is my page ... Marketing Video

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!