Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

In the cards

Serious question: Is there any possible way to look attractive in a swim cap?



I pondered this for part of my swim this evening and decided that probably the only way to look attractive in a swim cap as a lady if one had an Olympic Medal hanging around their neck. Which isn't looking like it's in my cards, and that's OK.

What is in my cards is that sprint triathlon that I signed up for a couple months ago in the midst of my severe injury depression. Yet between my recent traveling and prepping for my big Baltimore move THIS WEEKEND, the tri had kind of slipped my mind...


That bad boy is now less than two months away, and today was the first time that I swam in probably a couple of weeks. I should probably get on it huh?

Side note: I still haven't found my gym to call home yet in salty Balty, and if I have any local readers, I would love suggestions!

We got rocked with some of those storms today, and at one point my phone looked like this:



Luckily, it doesn't seem like too much damage was done to the area, and life went on as usual. Brussel sprouts and all.



Can't stop won't stop. Love my sprouts.

In other food-related news, my next-door cube mate at work hooked me up with some of her homemade strawberry jam that she made after picking strawberries this past week. It would be a blatant lie if I denied sitting in my cube and eating it out of the jar with a spoon for awhile.



I'm extra pumped that tomorrow is Friday, let me tell you. Not only will the moving begin, but Andrew gets back from his week long hiatus tomorrow evening. Hollllaaaaa.

Alright, I've got some packing to take care of, and some sparkling water in the kitchen calling my name. Make your evening great peeps.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Thought you didn't get alerts on your phone?!?!?!

    Tomorrow can't come soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious answer- no. I think everyone looks like the body part males have in a swim cap ;)
    Awesome about tri training though... I've been considering tris recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to a Merritt Athletic Club up in Cranbrook (a little but out of the city) but I know Merritt also has gyms in Fells Point, Canton, and one just called the Downtown Athletic Club...all of which are 24 hours. I have loved Merritt so far! They also have a good variety of group classes if you are in to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sprint tri!!! ain't got nothing on you, even if you haven't been training for it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!