Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

a blind mouse beach trip


First things first… I’m free!!

Holllaaaaa

And you’re all finally free of my bitching constant eye glasses references.

Anyways, onwards!

The 5:30 a.m. alarm on Saturday morning was rough. But well worth it. 

After quickly mixing up a green smoothie to keep my 30-daystreak alive and throwing it in the AWESOME L.L. Bean thermos that my aunt hooked me up with, we were on the road by 6 a.m., coffee in hand. We didn’t really know what to expect by the way of ‘beach traffic’ and wanted to make it across the bridge before it got too backed up. We were quite successful, as we pulled into the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware a little after 8 a.m., no sweat.


Wide open Bay Bridge
It was a beautiful morning, so we walked to beach and pondered what we would have for lunch that day the secrets of the vast ocean as we stared out at it. At the time, I was still forbidden from contacts yet refused to wear glasses at the beach. So I was a blind little mouse, and not the best partner when we tried to play Frisbee. But hey, I tried.



I managed to escape without a frisbee to the face.

confused blind mouse
 I’ll spare you the minute by minute details of our laying on the beach conversations. I will note that the day wrapped up with this:



Gelato!!
And this:


It was definitely a successful beach trip, followed by a productive Sunday yesterday.

But it’s a new week, and I’m ready to hit the trails. I randomly signed up for a trail 10k for this coming Sunday that I really hope to do well in… and therefore plan to get in a few extra miles this week. Temperatures are pretty stifling here lately (90 degrees +) but hey, nothing like training a little adversity.

Anyone else have some upcoming races?

Here’s to a solid week. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!