Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A bunch of firsts, and a second place finish.

Judging by the picture below, I would say that this morning was a great success.

Mud & Bagels. What more can a girl want?
Today's race was the first one that I have run since Boston. It was also my first Maryland race since moving out here... my first completely headphone free race... and my first trail race.

Boy was I unprepared. Although it was just a 10k, but I've already told a few people that it's quite possibly one of the harder races that I have run thus far. It kicked my ass. Let me take that back... the muddy hills, the running through creeks, and jumping over logs.. all those things kicked my ass.


My splits for the race are borderline hysterical, as I keep right around a 7 minute pace with the exception of mile 2 and 5... which drop down to 9 mins. Gee I wonder why.

Hey, that's me!
All in all I finished at 50:03. Typically I wouldn't be happy with a time like that for a 10k; my P.R is 43:50. But seeing that I ended up being the second woman to cross the finish line, and only 7 minutes behind the first guy, I'll go ahead and pat myself on the back.

$25 gift certificate to a running store? Don't mind if I do.
I'm not sure how I feel about trail races yet. I would need to do another to make a fair judgement. It most certainly offered a change of scenery, as the state park that we ran it in was beautiful. Yet I will say I'm looking forward to my flat 5k road race coming up in two weeks.

Following the race I treated myself to two of my favorite things; a bike ride to the pool, and an ice cold smoothie.
Beth, my bike.

Not my best shot. Yes mom I'm wearing sunscreen.

Smoothie Time
The wonderfulness inside of the thermos was a Mango Cucumber Lime Smoothie. So good, I had to share the recipe:

-Half a mango (or frozen chunks)
-1/3 -1/2 of a cucumber (sliced)
- 3-4 TB of lime juice
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of milk
-Ice

It sounds like a weird combo, I know, but it was honestly the perfect summer afternoon treat. Try it out!

How was everyone's weekend? Anyone else do any races?

I'm off to give myself a pedicure. Cheers!

After all that mud, my feet deserve it.


2 comments:

  1. With the tactile rado replica uk characteristics connected with suede, colorings commonly finish up shopping modest in the event the complete solution comes. I'm keen on the colorings energetic, which often results in the regular distaste with the stuff. In this particular rolex replica uk event, nevertheless, this orange-y shade happens as a result of high decibel in addition to distinct, gaining from suede’s surface devoid of decreasing vibrancy. The design on the louis vuitton replica sale case is easy instead of over-complicated, even so the throwback brand in addition to by using suede allow the item some sort of clearly retro think, seeing that may this satchel appearance. What exactly possesses fascinated louis vuitton replica sale everyone almost all in relation to Gucci totes slip attractions is usually of which they’re and so restrained – it is gucci carriers made for innovative harvested women of all ages, that's just what it rolex replica sale need to be with the selling price. Extremely versatile in addition to eternal usually are a couple text which may very best summarize that Gucci carriers. Thinking about the item witout a doubt conveys to that it gucci 1973 handbag having GG ornaments case is usually anything that is certainly worth every penny mainly because other than currently being extremely versatile in addition to perennial, that case is additionally incredibly trendy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!