Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

A Rough One

Today was a rough one.

To start, I woke up feeling as if I had been run over by a train in my sleep. If we are being honest, I was already somewhat sore for the abundance of handstands and roundoffs, paired with some sprinting around in the park on Saturday. But the kind of hurt this morning was the sick kind of hurt.

My savior 


It feels like my body is fighting off the flu or something – I haven’t had much of an appetite, my body hurts and I was super cold last night.

On to more awesome things. Boston was today. Two years ago I was there, but this year I was sitting at my desk pouting because I can hardly run right now. In the midst of the craziness and the media coverage, this picture gave me chills –



A big congrats to Meb Keflezighi for becoming the first American man since 1983 to break that tape first. In the midst of last year’s tragedy, it seems pretty appropriate to me, don’t ya think?

As I sat at my desk and whined like a little girl, one coworker suggested that I start taping my big toe (the bothersome one) to my other toe in order to perhaps promote healing, and give it a little more stability.

Monday, 12:30 PM EST:

don't mind my shitty toenail polish

I’m desperate. So desperate, I may have broken my vow not to run in April. So desperate, I may have signed up for a 5k in early May….

In other news, this past Easter weekend consisted of a lot of glorious deck time:





My roommate recently purchased some new deck furniture, so Andrew and I decided to have our little Easter feast up there while soaking up some sun.

That’s all I’ve got for now. It’s blowing my mind that this is the last full week of April – it FLEW by. Anyone out there ever had a troublesome toe? I should probably be icing before bed too…. suggestions welcome, please and thank you!

Cheers to taping toes - 


K8

9 comments:

  1. Your Saturday at the park looked amazing - sorry you're feeling sicky today. Rest up and heal up - and maybe Boston 2015???

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo to bad toes! i broke mine on the weekend - ran a half in the morning, broke the toe at night. no running for a week or two. hope yours heals in time for your May run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuckity yuck on feeling sick! I hope you feel better soon. For the toe thing - I broke mine playing soccer a few years ago & had to do the same toe-taping thing. That and ice eventually helped the bone reset and heal. It's annoying as heck, but at least it does the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, i hate that feeling when you're fighting something. rest up! what does the tape do? does it really work?

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!