Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Rainy Balty

I did something super creepy on my way to work yesterday.




6:45 AM is still extremely dark these days, yet about a block from my house I spotted a runner in a bright orange jacket.

“I recognize that jacket,” said the weird little voice in my head.

He was running fast, it was raining which made it even harder to get a better look at the jacket. So of course I followed him down the next block until I was able to confirm…

The same Boston Jacket I have – same color, same year!



the color in this pic is weird, it's actually orange...
My instinct was to pull over and become his best friend but it was raining and I had just done my hair, so I gave him a silent salute like a creepball and drove to work.

In other news, it's been raining non-stop in Baltimore since Wednesday night. Which made for a very soggy seven miles for me today after work.




Immediately after taking this wet-dog-like picture, I threw all my clothes into the dryer, threw on some warm sweats, and here we are.

In other news, I got another interesting email this week:




"Congratulations KAITLYN COMISKEY. You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2014 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 9 in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the Druid Hill Park Sprint Triathlon."

Is this cool? Should I be excited about this? I'm not sure. From what I found, about 4,300 athletes participated in the Age Group Nationals last year, counting both the Olympic-Distance and Sprint-Distance athletes.

What's confusing to me is that the Druid Hill Park Sprint Triathlon that I competed in this past August was actually a sprint distance. Olympic Distance was definitely next on my list for 2014, followed by a Half Ironman...

So technically it would make sense to participate in Nationals next summer. What do you all think? I'm looking for advice from triathletes out there, as I've only done one...

Speaking of triathlons, the grandaddy of them all is going on this weekend - tomorrow actually. Kona.

I have a role model runner of mine competing in it, who is not only an awesome athlete but an extremely awesome person. Pop over to Jacqui Giuliano's blog and wish her (and her husband) good luck, and a Happy One Year Wedding Anniversary. That's a hell of a way to celebrate if you ask me.

If I'm not mistaken both Baltimore and Chicago has 26.2 mapped across their cities this weekend - what a weekend for endurance athletes across the country. It's a beautiful thing.

That's all I've got. Still have to get to packing before the sis gets in tomorrow. Can't freaking wait.

Cheers my friends - 

K

2 comments:

Leave me some love!