Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

PT Graduation

My friends, I have some wonderful news.



I had a green tropical smoothie for lunch.

I officially graduated from Physical Therapy! (cue horns, confetti, high fives, etc.)

My initial reaction is to launch into a long sob story about overcoming obstacles and lessons learned, but let’s be honest here, that’s for another day. Why?

1.      Because I wouldn’t call myself 100% back to normal. My IT Band finally shut the freak up, but I continue to attempt to calm down my ever angry hamstring. Ya win some, ya lose some.

2.      Because I’m too excited about the impending holidays to write such a post.

In other news, 2012 New York Marathon runners (including myself) finally received emails today with notice as to what our options are regarding the race cancellation. Basically we can get a full refund come January, or we have the option run it in 2013, 2014 or 2015... but would have to pay the entry fee again.

Due to my poorness and hopes to run Chicago in the fall of 2013, I choose option #1. Boom.

Tomorrow is exciting for two separate but special reasons. Do you want to know them both? Ya I thought so.

#1. I go home tomorrow! (fingers crossed) My flight into Chicago is scheduled for 6 p.m., and I’m holding my breath that it’s late enough that my flight won’t be affected by the current atrocious weather in the midwest. 

Side note- I just checked in and snuck into the A boarding group somehow. THAT NEVER HAPPENS!
Southwest was just as excited as I am.



This event is particularly riveting because I get to MEET MY NEW DOG SISTER JANE for the first time, ever. Can’t. wait. 

she's excited too.

#2 reason why tomorrow is special. I will (hopefully) be running my furthest mileage to date post-injury. I am planning to run 60 minutes tomorrow morning before work. I’m super pumped.  More to come on that.

I think that’s all for today. If my flight is delayed tomorrow expect an explosive ranting post.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!! I'm planning (many things considered) on making my second appearance at Chicago this fall, and dragging Joey along for his first marathon! I really hope we're all there, post race pizza fest? I think yes :)

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - that's great! I hope you stay nice n' healthy throughout your training.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!