Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

In search of starting lines...


Oh man it’s just been one of those days.

Nonetheless the week is flying by, and I’m pumped that it is Wednesday. I just went on a short, unplanned shake-out run to de-stress, and hope to do the same tomorrow morning before work.



I have my second-to-last Physical Therapy appointment tomorrow, and am feeling good. Actually, all things considered, I’m feeling great. I haven’t felt that obnoxious knee pain for a while now which is AWESOME, but I’m not going to jump the gun yet and say that I’m completely healed. Yet the encouraging 5.5 mile run this past weekend did cheer me up to the point that I decided I wanted to do a short race ASAP. 

And actually race it.

After some quick investigating I found a 4 mile “Rudolph Run” relay race through a local running club for this Sunday morning, and signed myself up immediately. And volunteered Andrew as the partner for my team before even consulting him, because he’s just a great boyfriend like that. Each of us will run a two mile loop through a local state park.



I’m excited. I told him I want to win.

In case anyone is interested, the Rock ‘n Roll Marathon series is offering $20 registration fees today only (12/12/12)… I stared at the Virginia Beach Half Marathon next September for a long time before deciding to hold off on scheduling anything longer than a 10k for next year. For now.

Weird Fact of the Week: I SUCK at wearing tights. I wore a pair to work last week for the first time in a long time… and had a run in them by 9 AM. 


My coworkers knowledgeably advised me that I couldn’t get the crappy Target kind anymore, so I got a nice pair at Anne Taylor Loft shortly after, and have been wearing them ever since. They are also way more comfortable.


Is anyone else running any Jingle Bells/Holiday themed races? Or signing up for any Rock ‘n Roll Races?

Cheers to Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for no knee pain! Your smart to hold off for a while, it's challenging I know but slow and steady wins the race!

    I signed up for my first R&R race: May-Portland. I can't wait and I'm slighty (super) nervous because it's only my second half marathon and will be the longest trip away from my kiddo. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete


  2. شركة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة شركات رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام شركات رش مبيدات بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة شركات مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!