Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Crow

It's that time of week again - when the sun shines a little brighter, and the commute seems just a little bit shorter...

Hopefully?

Happy Friday! This morning I decided to link up with one of my fellow Baltimore Bloggers, Kerry, and participate in Five Things Friday...

from The Adventures of Z & K
Ready?

1. I'm very excited about this. Yesterday at yoga, for the first time ever, I managed to hold crow pose!

Oops - wrong picture...

Unfortunately, it wasn't in a cool shirt like hers....

For any of you who know what my flexibility is like as well as my general yoga abilities, this is a big deal. Feel free to leave gushing praise in the comments below.

2. I'm seeking running shoe advice. I'm serious - brands, models, anything. Help me out runner friends, give me some thoughts.

3. My girl Beth and I have been doing a lot of rides together the past few weeks. One of our favorite things to do lately is to head down to Fells Point for yoga a couple times a week. I've found that since I don't have to worry about parking with her, it actually takes less time than if I were to drive.

Beth's parking spot in my room.
4. Last night I was craving a treat after my tilapia dinner, so I threw together this bad boy:


A banana, fried in coconut oil, with a dash of unsweetened cocoa powder mixed in. Coconut sprinkled on top, 100% 21-Day Detox approved.

It was good - seriously, try it.

5. This weekend I'm pup-sitting one of my coworker's furry friends.


We have plans for long walks, movies of her choice, and cooking meals that she can smell and I can enjoy.

That's all over here folks, I'm off to work. Hope your day is marvelous-

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. if you're a bird, then i'm a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that dog is adorable. If you need a friend to take the dog on a walk with, hit me up haha. As far as running shoes, I run only in Brooks! I won a couple pairs and bought a couple pairs. I'm wearing the Ravennas for my long runs and marathon training right now-I thought more support would be helpful for long runs of pounding the pavement. I've run my last 2 halfs and do speedwork in the Brooks pure cadences. the cadences are from their Pure minimal line and don't have much besides some foam support on the bottom, but they are lightweight and feel really great! I've tried on saucony kinvaras and almost bought them last time before I went with the brooks pureflows!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!