Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Simplify


As of this evening, I will be homeward bound to the great state of Illinois. I have very few plans while I’m home, aside from spending epic amounts of time with my family and of course my dog.

Janey Poo. Lotssssss of walks this weekend.

My hope is that it will kind of be a ‘reset’ weekend.

On the topic of resetting, I’ve been giving a lot of thought to the way that I spend my time/life, something that I mentioned earlier in the week. While I still have some more sorting through what exactly that looks like, I did come to one conclusion.


 I need to cut back a bit on the social media scene. I mean, just look at my ‘social media’ folder on my phone.

Sidenote - I will never delete pinterest. Sorry, but I won't. 

I have deleted a few of those apps since then, I promise. I also turned off a lot of the alerts that I get on my phone. I mean, do I honestly need to know every single thing someone ‘likes’ or comments on? No. And I’m just wasting my own time. 

Sidenote - I also couldn't bring myself to delete snapchat. It's like a daily laugh for me, which I then justify as healthy.

Since I’m giving you a little glimpse into the heart and soul of my phone, I have to ask, does anyone else obsessively sort their apps like I do?

OCD much??
I listened to a great great message from Willow Creek the other day, and this phrase stuck out to me big time:



I honestly believe that. Hence all this deep thought, readjusting how I spend my time, etc. I like it, and I’m excited to see where it takes me.

In other news, I got a good lift in yesterday, and I hope to do the same on Friday morning. I of course wish I could go for a jaunt around my favorite hometown neighborhoods, but that’s still not happening… so I shall have to settle for the elliptical in my parent’s basement. YAY.

That’s all for now folks, I’ve got a plane to catch. Tell me something weird about phone tendencies and habits, will you?

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has been nominated for a Liebster award! Go to my blog to check it out.

    : )

    Regan @ www.reganruns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!