Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Daydreamin'


I’ve been dreaming of summer lately.

Of sandy toes, and string bikinis. Sunburnt cheeks without a trace of makeup. Wavy salty hair, and a case of coronas. Maybe a lime, if we were thinking ahead.

We probably weren’t.
It's summertime, after all.

Flip flops, and a bright blue towel… the same color of the ocean. And the waves. The sound of the waves, the glare of the sun, the coolness of a faint breeze tickling the backs of our necks.

And friends. Because the beach isn’t the beach without friends. And a solid country song playing in the background while we joke, reminisce, and dream of the years to come.

Is it summer yet?






2 comments:

  1. you have me excited...but let's see if Oregon shares our excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot WAIT for summer to roll around. We're finally starting to feel spring a little bit and it's making me REALLY itch for the summer months!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!