Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Let's Chat

Let's have a little chat, shall we?

Let's talk about what I just whipped up to take to our small group tonight for a snackity snack:



That's right. Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy Treats. THE PUMPKIN RECIPES NEVER STOP!!!

PS- I found the recipe here if you're interested.

PPS- Did you see what they now have at Starbucks? I want it so badly, but it was already sold out at the store I was at! Sad day.



Next, let's talk about how it's Wednesday, and how I've been a Weird Wednesday failure lately. And how failure the streak is going to continue into this week due to my current mental unstable-ness.

BUT, I do have one weird pic to offer you all:

no cameras allowed in locker rooms? my bad. 

Who needs a waterproof Ipod case for pool running when you've got enough hair to just clip your Ipod in it? I clipped it in, and wrapped the cord around my bun a few times, and voila! I'm pretty confident the elderly folk in the 90 degree therapy pool I was running in thought I was insane. But who am I kidding?  I am insane.

Anyways, remember last post when I told you about the current state of my knee, and that walk I went on to sit and write? Well here's some of what I wrote about:



If you haven't picked up on it by now, I'm a huge goals person. I typically make monthly goals, seasonal goals, even goals for the year. I have had most of my goals for New York in line now for a couple months, and I already know what some of my spring goals for 2013 are going to be.

I literally just you that I'm insane about two paragraphs up. You're preaching to the choir.

October. A fantastic month. Leaves are changing and falling. Temps continue to drop. Girls and boys alike dress up in skanky fun costumes.

Not me. I was just a cute little helpless blind mouse. 


I decided to keep October simple, for my own sanity that I don't have. 

1. Be healthy. Obviously a lifetime goal that I have, but I plan to refocus on this hard the month leading up to New York. This goes for the food (and drink) that I'm putting into my body, the way that I'm training, preventative actions that I'm taking to prevent (ha) injury and nurse the injuries I (may) already have. Pretty broad, but solid in my eyes.

2. Focus on strength. I've never been a big lifting girl, not my most favorite thing to do. But I plan to be much more consistent with strength training through October. This will also involve DAILY push-ups and planks, because both of those are easy to do no matter where I may be.

3. Be happy. This goes hand in hand with #1, but I sometimes end up separating my mental and emotional health from my physical health, which isn't good. It's a simply idea but lately I've found it hasn't been easy for me. And it's effecting me, and my relationships with people I love. And to be honest, current state I'm not completely sure what it will take to move towards a more consistent happy Kait. But I know I have to make some changes.

Because apparently I haven't been fighting hard enough. Lucky for me, I know how to fight pretty damn hard.

Minutes after finishing The Boston Marathon, April 2012. 

Enough of the sap/goo/emotional throw-up. There you have me, current state. Three simple goals, plugging away on the road to New York. Even if the road is currently in a pool.

Cheers!




7 comments:

  1. don't forget squatties to go along with the push-ups and planks! #fullbodystrength

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I like your goals. God has given you lots to be happy about, but I understand how easy it can be sometimes to focus on unhappy things and the challenges/trials that are present in our lives. Keep up the fight!.

    Fantastic idea about getting your iPod into the pool! (although it helps that you're tall...no electronics would be safe with me in a pool) :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WILL be making those rice krisy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THOSE RICE KRISPIES LOOK FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

    In other news, the Pumpkin Spice Via is amazing for the record.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your goals!!! AND I love love live the idea of pumpkin Rice Krispies treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin spice rice krispies? Oh my, I have to try those! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate strength training; I would so rather do some form of cardio. I think people tend to be either/or --> they like cardio or they like strength training. I've never met someone who loves both.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!