Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wanted: East Coast Hobbies


I wasn’t feeling even the slightest bit weird yesterday to write a Weird Wednesday Post.
 Not even a little bit.

My day started with a half-assed workout at the gym… a slow, dragging day at work… and a run that fell into that same category as the rest of my day.

Word of the day for yesterday? Blah. It was a very stagnant day.

sad kait.
 However I must say that yesterday evening was splendid. Andrew and I headed down to Annapolis to have dinner with his mom who is in visiting from Colorado. His aunt and uncle directed us to an awesome restaurant called Levels in downtown Annapolis, where we indulged in some kind of amazing cucumber gin & tonic type drink to start, that had egg white foam on top, or so I’m told?

Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.

However, seeing that Annapolis is not necessarily a quick drive for us, last night resulted in a much later than normal bedtime, which has resulted in a tired Kait today. So tired in fact, that I nearly teared up when seeing this picture on Facebook this morning:


Mary Jane, Winter Park
The mountains are starting to get snow.

It was around this time of the year, two years ago, when Andrew and I bought our season passes for skiing. When we would start planning days to play hooky take off from work to spend a day shredding powder up in the mountains…  get back to Fort Collins in the evenings, exhausted and still de-thawing, and I would lay in front of the fireplace and eat pizza.

he may not want his face on here, but dammit i will show his skis. 
I can’t let myself reminisce too much about that time period or I will literally become depressed. So, what winter hobby can I find out here on the East Coast to look forward too? (and please don’t tell me skiing, because although I’m willing to try the Apps out here, nothing will beat out my beautiful Rockies)

Ice Fishing?
All ideas welcome.

In other news, I got a gig writing for the Examiner online. I don’t really know how to explain what it is… but to quote the website:

"Examiner.com is the inside source for everything local. We are powered by Examiners, the largest pool of passionate contributors in the world."

So apparently I’m now one of those 'contributors', labeled the “Baltimore Healthy Living Examiner”. You can check it out here.

I have a quick, killer track workout on tap after work, followed by a Barre Fusion class  with a coworker. Then bed, then Friday! HURRAY!!!

Cheers!