Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Things Thursday


The haze of the weekend is slowly lifting, and I’m beginning to feel (kind of) normal again. The whiplash is slowly subsiding, and my sinuses are just about done draining salt water.



Good thing, seeing that it's basically the weekend again tomorrow.

My dinner last night literally consisted of pineapple and pieces of zucchini, helping me to come to the realization that I desperately needed to go to the grocery store.

So I headed off to my trustworthy Trader Joes on my lunch break today to load up on things that make me happy. And although I rolled my ankle (sad) in the parking lot on the way into the store, I managed to limp around up and down the aisles and get some of my necessary staples. Check it out:


not a staple, but wanted to try it.
 I proceeded to concoct another pumpkin smoothie for lunch, and it was my best one yet. Still not blog-worthy, but I’ll keep working on it. Nothing but the best for you guys.


 Another thing that makes me happy? Football season is officially underway. Is it Sunday yet? Go Bears.

notice the shirt. 2007 throw back pic. don't act like you don't love it.

 Last happy thing on my agenda to share: my tempo run yesterday.

I hit the track to do some mile repeats, prescribed by my coach Amanda. I ran the 2.5 miles to the track to warmup, and then had three 7:00 minute miles on tap. I was nervous, not feeling great and it was super freaking humid. (any time now fall, any time) I wasn’t expecting to succeed. And in a small way, I didn’t, because I ran the repeats too fast.

What?

My miles averaged out to a 6:50 pace… not something I’m going to be upset about. And believe me, I felt like hell afterwards.

I have a Barre Fusion class on tap tonight, something that I’ve really taken to over the past month or so. It’s a combo of ballet, interval training and pilates, and I always leave feeling toned and limber.

Anyone else have any workout plans for the evening? Or perhaps a favorite new fitness class?

For now, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!