Today marks the start of a ‘taper week’ as I have the Philly Half this upcoming Sunday.
Want to know a secret? I hate tapering. It’s very, very hard for me to taper. Especially when my legs are feeling as great as there are. However, I will obey and go to the gym tonight and do a spin class instead of pounding the pavement. Maybe I’ll even pump some iron if I’m feeling precarious.(great word usage kait)
I have a rant all ready in regards to my race this coming weekend, but I think I’m going to save that for later this week. I have some other things to address first.
1. The Bears dominated last night. My good luck sunglasses clearly did the trick.
2. On Saturday evening, post-long run, Andrew treated me to a pizza dinner at Unos. While we were walking in, a storm had recently gone through and the sky was doing crazy cool things.
|i promise i did not photoshop these pictures.|
3. Also on Saturday, I tried to make a Mighty Chocolate Stuft Microwave Muffin from Stuft Mama’s Blog (have I mention I LOVE her recipes) and had a bit of a fail…
|clearly I need a bigger mug.|
However, I did manage to salvage what stayed within the mug, and let me tell you - it was scrumptious.
And last, but not least… what I’ve been promising you guys…. Duh duh DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Almond Pumpkin Smoothie:
-1/2 cup van. yogurt - greek yogurt or regular
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used a bit more, but I'm a huge pumpkin fan)
- 1 heaping TB of almond butter - this is key.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- splash of vanilla abstract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice - or more depending on how thick you prefer
-Ice to thicken it up
- handful of chia seeds (also thickens it up)
-sweeter (I've used maple syrup or agave nectar)
Throw it all in a blender, and enjoy!
Hope you guys aren't pumpkin-ed out yet, because I just bought a HUGE can this past weekend. Fall is just getting started people.
However, another great fall food I love are cranberries - maybe I'll dabble in that next. Hope everyone has a fantastic week.. anyone have anything awesome on tap?