Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Four Eyes


Can someone please tell me how I managed to get ulcers in not one, but both of my eyes?

It’s not only gross... but borderline comical. Because I can eat as healthy as I want, run as many miles as I please and take vitamins until I turn blue but when it comes to ulcers in my eyes, I’m at a loss.

Any of you who have been reading for a while have heard my fair share of complaints about my eye problems since moving to the Maryland area. It started off with what I thought was pink eye. Who knows what it really was. Followed by what I thought were severe allergies. Turns out it wasn’t.

Back before I had ulcers.

Next on the agenda: who has anxiety attacks and nearly passes out at the eye doctor? This girl, right here.

Turns out that eye doctors aren’t the most gentle when it comes to breaking the news that bacteria is eating holes in your eyes. Thank goodness for the nice receptionist lady who took me into an empty exam room to lay down, and have a lollipop. I really wish I was kidding.


Pretty sure I had butterscotch...


Events like this only encourage my hypochondriac-ness. There’s some music for my boyfriend’s ears right there.

So three prescriptions and a 10 day ban from contacts later, here we are. So pumped to put in some good solid miles wearing my sexy glasses..

However in the words of my emotionally-inept eye doctor: “At least you look cute in glasses.” If it wouldn’t have been for the shock of the news, I probably would have told him, as the British would put it, to bugger off.

Has anyone else ever had eye problems like this? I’d love some reassurance that I’m not an alien…

I suppose it could be worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!