Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday Thoughts



It’s been a hard week. Work has been very slow, and my eye is bothering me again... which led to a sad Kait having to run in her glasses:


Flattering, I know.

But most of all, I miss my friends.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that I’m here. It has definitely been the next step in moving forward for both my career as well as our relationship, two things which are very important to me. And there’s no one I have more fun with than Andrew. However, it’s still easy to get lonely, especially with a lack of community.

I’m a bit nervous about this weekend as it’s going to be my first full one alone. Andrew will be out of town for a wedding… and I will be doing everything in my power to keep myself occupied and unlonely. (Yes, I’m well aware that’s not a real word.)

It shouldn’t be too hard really; I’m sure I’m overreacting. I have a long list of things I would like to get done, including some blog layout updates, finding a mother’s day gift, and getting shoes for my friend’s wedding in August. (That should make you happy Danielle.) I also have a hike planned with one of my coworkers that I’m looking forward to.

The list. Small enough so you guys can't creep.

I won’t go too much into the weekend because I’d rather recap after the fact. However, I will leave all of you with a quick, easy, and delish recipe.

The past 3 days have been a fruit and veggie cleanse for me (more on that next post) so I had to get creative last night for dinner. I have had a head of cauliflower in the fridge for a few days, so I decided to use that up. I broke it up into small pieces, and threw it into a baking dish along with some pieces of mushroom. I then drizzled some olive oil over it, followed by some Cajun seasoning and a dash of garlic powder.  Mix it up a bit to get all the pieces coated.

The dish went into the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 mins or so… basically until I saw some of the cauliflower start to brown. The result was spicy and tasty, and 100% healthy. Give it a try! I stuffed it into the inside of tomato, and added a side of corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!