Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Walking on Sunshine

After four straight days of rain, the sun has finally returned!

The rain actually caused my softball games to be cancelled last night, so I opted for a run instead. I’ve never been one to shy away from getting a little wet, as long as it’s not super cold. Which it wasn’t; it was actually warm and incredibly muggy. 


Bow, the pup my roommate is watching for the week, wanted to come along, but I really didn’t want to deal with the wet dog smell all night. So I told him he had to stay home, and in return he gave me a super sad face.

What a face.

For some reason, I felt the need to start off my run at an uncalled for pace, right around 6 minutes. I must have had an absurd amount of pent up energy, because in that moment I then decided to hold my own personal 5k race against myself. It also may have been the fact that I had “Call Me Maybe” playing on repeat, but I’m neither going to confirm or deny that. The run turned out better than expected, as according to my Garmin I finished 3.1 only about 60 seconds off of my 5k PR. I then proceeded to turn around and take my time on the 3 miles back home.



I’m going to guess that the humidity was right around 100% or so, as I arrived back home completely drenched in sweat, rain, and tears. Kidding about the tears part, I don’t typically cry when I run. It felt good to have pushed my limits, and made me commit to signing up for a 5k/10k in the near future.

Dinner consisted of a quickly thrown together salad as I was on my way out the door to Andrew’s house. I got this stellar ginger dressing from Costco last weekend that they were sampling, and have been using it almost daily. I’m thinking about trying it out as a marinade this weekend, and if so I’m sure you all will hear about it.

delish.

Hope your Thursday is epic; the weekend is near!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!