Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Life Lately...

It's funny how life is. The ups and downs of it, the joys and the hardships. Those points you literally think you can't go on, you can't take anymore, there's no possible way your're going to overcome this one.

I reached a point recently where I was convinced that I wasn't being heard. In my own words, "God seems pretty pissed off at me." Ya, I know, that's not how it works. In the midst of my one-track prayers, and my selfish thoughts, it wasn't that He had stopped listening. He was gently saying "No Kait... That's not the plan."

I'm going to chalk up these past 8 months a season of trials. I'm not going to sit here and list off everything that's gone wrong, and struggles I've had. I am going to sit here and tell you how blessed I am. First and foremost, I have an amazing God, who is never going to give me more then I can handle. Ever. And that in itself keeps me going.

As I sat at Dunkin Donuts bawling my eyes out talking to Andrew the other day (true story) he asked me some great questions. What traits do you want to pass on to your kids? What stories do you want to tell them? How you gave up when things got hard, crumbled into a ball and threw a pity party for yourself? Or that you were a fighter, and just kept going, no matter what was thrown at you. Don't you want to be one of those comeback stories, one of those amazing sports movies that gives you chills, leaving you with tears in your eyes as you walk out of the theater?


When putting it into perspective, as hard as I think my life has been lately, it hasn't been. Because there are kids in Africa being stolen out of their beds and forced to murder. There are cities and countries going though earthquakes, tornadoes and tsunamis. And losing everything. Everything. There are people in all corners of the world waking up and wondering how they are going to eat today. Praise God, I have more than enough to eat, and wake up every morning safe, under a roof. Heck, I even have the delicacy of Keurig coffee at this current temp job. So no, life's not that hard.

I'm here for a reason. There's a job here for me (somewhere), there's undoubtably an amazing man here for me, and there's a life here for me. It's going to take some kicking and screaming to get where I dream of being, and it sure as hell won't go as planned. But that's because it isn't my plan.

I'll live and learn. Thankfully I have an awesome, supportive family, and friends who I know will always have my back. I'll take the curve balls as they come, and know that eventually, I'm going to get one right down the middle. And that one's going out of the park.

Here we go.

3 comments:

  1. Kait you seriously are so inspiring. I know I keep saying that, but that´s the honest truth! That 3rd to last paragraph was seriously moving; my eyes began to water! I was just thinking yesterday how BLESSED I am. Here I am in another country spending time with my sister! Not only that, but the fact that I'm up and breathing. Living! I even though about just how lucky people are in general, people at school, people I know, friends I have and friends I don't, that are just up and living..Breathing! It gets more insane the more I think about it honestly. And why do we?! Well because God wanted us to. I am so glad you are not going to let yourself get discouraged--I know you that once it finds you, or yu find it, you are going to be a part of a brilliant plan that I am probably going to be super jealous of. And then hopefully I will find mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks Rach. Glad you liked it, and see where I'm coming from. LOVE YOU TONS, and enjoy ESPANA. Tell your other half hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspirational comment. You are an amazing young lady and I am so proud of you. You've taught me some powerful lessons even at my advanced age. God has blessed you and I love you tons and tons.
    Aunt Gretta

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!