Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Very Fat Tuesday

Fat Tuesday. An excellence excuse to splurge on some treats. I went to bed Monday night dreaming of starting off the day with pancakes, and I did just that.

Recently I discovered the second next important thing next to the Bible. Kidding... kind of. Chocolate Covered Katie is a "Healthy Dessert Blog", and it surpasses excellence. Every recipe I've tried so far from there has blown my mind, including her famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. I won't give away her secret ingredient, because you should check out her website yourself:

Chocolatecoveredkatie.com

I whipped up some of her Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes on Tuesday morning, and then decided it was necessary to bake a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake for Andrew when he got off work that night. Except I just couldn't tell him that it was actually healthy. ;)

photo.JPG
With chocolate chips on top, of course.

I then topped off my baking bender by making a Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake for my breakfast the next morning. I had the ingredients (I'm telling you, that 5 lb bag of oats is proving invaluable) and knew it was either start my job searching for the day, or continue baking, so I chose the later.

photo.JPG
Costco... who knew right?
I then attempted to slim down my Fat Tuesday by hitting the hills for a hill workout. It was rewarding, no doubt, as I found some legit hills back in some of Columbia's neighborhoods that kicked my ass, making me feel a little less nervous of this impending marathon I have coming up...

Anyways, Tuesday night consisted of the Maryland Basketball Game. It was a blast, and needless to say, we consumed enough Fat Tuesday concession treats for a large family. I have no doubt that the fries and popcorn alone helped me to meet my sodium intake for the next week.

As for today, it's been a solid day of job searching and emailing. I had a few interviews earlier in the week, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime, I will proceed with the search, and keep on harassing recruiters... something I'm becoming quite impressive at.

Hope you all had a very Fat Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!