Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear Illinois

Dear Illinois,

It's been a lot of fun. Honestly, more fun than I thought it would be. It's always good to come back to my roots, family and longtime friends.

Yet very early tomorrow morning, I set out on a new adventure. My Maryland adventure, which will begin with this:

I've been told it can be done under 12 hours...
Where I will then be greeted by my main man, and his famous pesto pasta for dinner. Yes, we already planned what we're eating for dinner.  I'm happy to say I managed to find a guy who loves food as much as I do almost as much as I do.

I'm excited. Nervous and sad are also mixed in there, but mainly I'm excited. It's been EIGHT months since we've lived in the same state and I'm so ready for that time to be over. I'm confident this is the next step, and the right time to do so.

So, here we are. I'm off to Maryland, in search of a job, fresh seafood, sunny days on the coast, miles of running trails and many adventures with a certain boy who stole my heart. (I know, gag)

For now,

Your former Westerner, current Midwesterner, soon to be Easterner friend,

Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!