Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Extra Thankful Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm going to keep this short and simple, as Thanksgiving is not a day to be spent in front of a laptop.

The Elf for Health challenge today is to call someone you're thankful for. Simple enough - I may just scroll through my phone's 300 contacts and pick at random.

The truth is, I have so, so many things to be thankful for. It's why I'm a fan Thankful Thursdays on the reg - but obviously this Thursday is uber Thankful. Let's run through a few things.


I'm thankful for my friends. Everywhere. But today in particular, my friends here in Baltimore. They've helped Andrew's absence fly by, and have really grown to be an important group of friends to me. Thankful for all you guys - you know who you are.



I'm thankful for my supportive, amazing family who always have my back, always. While I obviously have good reason to have stayed in Baltimore this Thanksgiving, I'm still missing my fam and crazy mutt, wishing I was there to indulge in some solid Turkey Day food.

my crazy sister

However, my Thanksgiving meal will consist of this:

pretttty sure i'm the only person in Costco yesterday who bought pizza..
And this:

Colorado brewed beer is the only way to go.

WHY?

Because it's what Andrew wants. And he gets back today.

Details will be spared for now as I have t-minus 8 hours to get a whole lot of stuff done before he lands. Including a Thanksgiving run weeeeeeee!!

In short, I'm beyond thankful to be getting my best friend and better half back to Baltimore today. It's been quite the journey for both of us, and the holidays will be all the more sweet being able to enjoy them together.

I hope your day is full of indulgent food, and everything you are thankful for. A friend sent me this great post on Thanksgiving and how we 'broke it'  - it's pretty spot on to how I feel. Eat, drink, and be merry. Don't dwell on your waistline, today's a day to be thankful and enjoy life.

Cheers my friends -

K

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and Andrew the best Thanksgiving ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and Andrew the best Thanksgiving ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me giddy thinking about you two reuniting!! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!