Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Things I Learned This Week

To start, I learned some startling news when I walked into Panera this morning… they have pumpkin pie bagels. Noooooo.

I resisted the urge for today, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it up for. The large sign hanging up advertising them makes them look flat out amazing.

I learned that it is in fact possible to burn something in a crockpot. Last night I threw the ingredients for Pumpkin Oatmeal following a recipe that I found on Pinterest. This is how it was suppose to turn out:


source
This is how mine turned out:


LOLOLOLOL
Nevertheless, I sucked it up, threw an egg on top of a bowl of it this morning, and called it a win... even if it wasn’t. I’m not too sad, steel cut oats just aren’t my thing, I’m a little bit over them to be honest. I felt like I was eating rice.


I learned that Tall Boy Natty Bohs on a school work night aren’t the best idea, and really set me up for failure that next morning...


Enough said.

That same day, I also learned that running on my lunch break can literally turn my day around. Now some may call it gross that I do this but as a pretty minimal sweater, I have no issue pulling my hair back, slapping on some deodorant, and continuing my day in the office.  Even the shortest of runs helps to break up sitting on my ass all day and makes me feel like less of a slob.

quick afternoon 2 miles
I learned that Spotify has a pretty awesome workout playlist. If you’re a Spotifier, just type in ‘workout’ in the search box and select the playlist entitled ‘Workout’ by Spotify. Rocket science, I know. It has a good selection of jams and I thoroughly enjoyed it will remixing the below workout at 5:30 this morning….

20 min sweat swesh (derived from a bunch of WODS smooshed together)
100 sit ups
10 mins, AMRAP: 5 burpees, 10 pushups, 15 air squats, 20 skaters
10 mins, AMRAP: 40 mountain climbers, 10 single squats (per leg), 20 (weighted)crunches
100 sit ups

I sweat, it woke me up, did the job.


 "I don’t have what people expect I should have, but I am abundantly blessed with absurd, exhilarating, and fantastic things I would have never dreamed up on my own."
- 26, unmarried, and childless


Early bedtime for me tonight, as an early alarm is set to pound out 19 miles before 10 AM tomorrow. Encouragement welcome.

Cheers!

K

2 comments:

  1. Coming from difficult to rely on and also temperamental trials to be able to accurate timekeeping making use of superior omega replica uk atomic engineering regarding breathtaking accuracy and reliability, the particular observe provides appear a considerable ways. Programmed timepieces personify this kind of progressive industry and provide a huge selection with diverse value items also to gratify an indivdual's cosmetic likes. Baselworld will be popular around the world since the most significant wrist watch present available. Oahu is the area in which Europe watchmakers connect to their particular counterparts coming from almost all throughout the world. Lovers, official vendors, and also wrist watch lovers furthermore replica watches sale group in the present to locate the most up-to-date styles as well as the many up-to-date models introduced. Annually, Baselworld teems together with pleasure, passion, not forgetting, unique extravagances with the really prosperous. It really is deemed simply by several since the most significant operate on their work schedule. Although the particular economic depression has been definitely sensed inside the breitling replica uk function, it really is clear the particular observe market is obviously still living and also stopping. Brand-new goods, out-of-this planet qualities, and also greater course may also be inside exceptional plethora. In 2010, the particular keep coming back with the standard type and also african american shade is observed. Nonetheless it furthermore looks the time with the enormous calls have left.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!