Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Eggcited

What a horrific title. I'll try harder next time.


I'm not sure if this is possible, but I may actually love fall here in Baltimore more than I loved summer. Favorite things so far have included:
Open windows


My pumpkin candle
 Chilly long runs on beautiful flat trails
not the best quality, but there was no time to stop for pictures.


Throwing on a hoody after 18 miles…

Speaking of 18 miles, they went well! I knocked them out early Saturday morning when temperatures were barely hovering above 50 degrees, and I could actually see my breath. It was marvelous, held an 8:18 pace. Saturday night entailed this:



Sunday I woke up overly excited about life. So naturally I started cooking egg muffins, and they actually turned out awesome. Want the recipe?


 Thought so.

Spicy Paleo Egg Muffins
Ingredients:
-6 eggs
-1 Cup of spinach
-3/4 cup ground turkey (or bacon)
-Salt & Pepper
-3-4 TB hot sauce


Preheat the oven to 350. Cook the ground turkey with the spinach.
Whisk eggs in large bowl with salt, pepper and hot sauce; add meat and veggies and stir well.

Pour into muffin pans (I use liners so that they don’t stick) and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

I’m a big fan; they are quick and easy snacks for on-the-go. Not to mention full of protein.

Following my muffin excitement, later in the day I departed on what was supposed to be a shakeout run. I once again got way too excited about the new shoes I had purchased the evening prior, and decided to push myself for six miles…



Sidenote- when running along the harbor, anytime the surface turns into a wooden dock I instantly become fearful of stepping on a rotten board and falling through, forcing me to run faster.


Another sidenote – Is this not one of the best-coordinated running outfits that you have ever seen? I mean come on, check out that color scheme…

I should have more to report on my switch into Newtons later this week, once I’ve broken them in a bit more. Until then, I leave you with this song:


Obsessed.

Busy week for me, in and out of training and then jetting home to Chi-town on Friday. Keep it real my friends.


Cheers -

3 comments:

  1. the color scheme matches your design layout. so much hook up going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omgeee didn't even notice. now i love the shoes even more :)

      Delete
  2. Where did you run your 18 miles? I need some new paths!
    Excited to hear more about the Newtons -- I've been curious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!