Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Crammin'

This is going to be fairly short because I still haven't packed, or worked out today, and both of those things are non-nonnegotiables on my to-do list.

Am I the only person aware of this?


Do you like my nails? They make me happy.

100% frozen sweet potatoes people. In your freezer, ready to go at any moment. So of course, I saw this as a challenge and added it to my overnight oats this past week...

Make fun of me all you want, but seriously, don't knock it 'til you try it.



Cranberry Sweet Potato Overnight Oats

-1/2 cup of rolled oats
-Handful of frozen cranberries.
-2-3 small chunks of frozen sweet potatoes
-1 TB cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
-1 TB of honey OR I used some cranberry apple butter that I happened to have on hand.
-Enough milk to cover all ingredients in container/bowl. I use almond milk.

Mix well, make sure the oats are completely submerged, let sit overnight. Enjoy a Thanksgiving-ish breakfast full of nutrients to start your day!

I played in the big girl gym yesterday morning before work, after spin class. I've found I'm much less intimidated to creep around the weight room at 6:30 AM when it isn't chocked full of testosterone-crazed men. Just bein' honest.



I did a 10 min workout of the following, as many reps as possible. (AMRAP)

-5 cleans
-10 deadlifts
-20 reverse lunges
-20 air squats.

Good stuff... I'm sore today, hence my date with the pool.

THE WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL YESTERDAY. IT MADE ME SO HAPPY.

Running out of work yesterday afternoon :)
Andrew's dad is in town, and we went up to the inner harbor for an outdoor dinner near the water last night.

THE DRAGON BOATS ARE OUT!
OK, I'm out the door peeps. If anyone has any advice as to how to cram my life into a large suitcase and two small duffel bags, please do share. I have to pack business attire for the still chilly Chicago climate next week, and then a full-fledged cowgirl wardrobe for my 4 days in Colorado.

Have I ever told you guys how much I love Colorado?  ;)


Okay, for real, bye.

Cheers to traveling, and the weekend, being sore, and pretty weather!!

1 comment:

  1. I get those sweet potatoes all the time! They are awesome and SO easy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!