Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

3 years.

Ok, we have some quick catching up to do.

First and foremost, someone let Tiger Woods that I'm coming in hot:

Did a little golfing this afternoon. I actually am far below average. That's OK.

Secondly, I'm running again. Slowly, and short distances. But I'm running. It makes me so happy. I ran two miles on Wednesday, and another two this past Friday... and will be participating in the Charm City Run for Boston tomorrow in Baltimore.


Yesterday, 4/20, was my three year running anniversary. It was the mark of my first ever half marathon - the Horsetooth Half - in Fort Collins, CO, that sparked my passion for long distance running.


I ran it in 1 hours and 51 grueling minutes.

It's a beautiful race - I actually have a friend who ran it as his first half ever today too, and killed it - and if you are ever in the area, I recommend doing it simply for the awesome scenery.

Andrew and I have recently talked about how my journey back to running will be very similar to the journey I was on to start. It's been several months since I've ran any miles at all, and it will be a lot like starting back at square zero.

Guys, I got a cramp during my two miles on Friday.

I'm not discouraged. With the recent events at Boston, I'm actually extremely motivated. I really, really want to try to qualify for Boston in '14. That would be extremely hard to do given the short amount of time on my hands... but if I can do it safely, you better bet I'm gonna be in Boston next April.

Last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't touch on my travels last weekend.

I could write a novel about my time in Colorado, how much fun it was, and all the PG-13 trouble that we got into. But I would wager not too many people care. Plus after my aggressive post on Friday... I'll keep this short.


Friday to Monday was a blur. There was good food, good beverages, and good music to be had by all. And believe me, we hit those three categories hard.



sometimes at the same time.

We met hugged one of my favorite country artists, Florida Georgia Line, and I haven't been able to stop listening to them since. The concert was amazing, and if you're a country lover and they are in your area this summer, go. Just go.


And of course there were plenty of wolf shenanigans.


The last day brought some snow, yet somehow my flight still got out back to Baltimore because DIA is a machine and rarely cancels flights. I landed that night, woke up the next day and realized that over the 10 days that I was gone on my trip, spring had sprung here in the Baltimore area.


That makes me so happy. I wish I could go rip out 10 miles today. But for the sake of smartness, I will sulk off to the pool and get some laps in.

Hope everyone has/had a great, safe weekend. I know personally, I am feeling extra blessed to be living in a country that doesn't put up with B.S.

Cheers to that!

4 comments:

Leave me some love!