Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Zoo Zoom 8k


I have to admit that I’m a bit extremely excited this week. The fact that today is essentially a Wednesday for me is enough to put a big grin on my face.



Andrew and I are Chicago-bound on for Turkey Day, but I won’t jump the gun quite yet and start gushing about that.

This past weekend was actually full of two of my favorite things; running and food.

Sunday morning Andrew, some of my coworkers and I ran an 8k through the Maryland Zoo. I didn’t have high expectations; in fact I tried to go in having zero expectations. The little voice in my head kept whispering ‘You should just run it as fast as you can and try to win it.”

Ha.

Running as fast as I can now looks incredibly different than it did two months ago. Sad, but expected at this point.

In case you were wondering, an 8k is equivalent to just under 5 miles. I will deem Sunday as an accomplishment solely based off the fact that I haven’t run that far since mid-September. Pain was minimal… it was cold so my left leg as a whole was tight and generally unhappy, but pain itself was pretty absent. Andrew humored me like a good boyfriend should, and stayed with me for the entire race, even as I huffed and puffed up a small mountain hill towards the middle of the course and proceeded to hyperventilate at the top.

Out. Of. Shape.

Our finishing time was 41:56 which is most certainly respectable, an 8:27 pace. I will refuse to become upset about my current running shape, all things considered, and continue to gloat solely on the fact that I can now run further than two miles without my entire left leg shutting down.



My favorite part was undoubtedly the giraffes and lions that we saw towards the end. Andrew had a 5-year old moment and shouted into the giraffe pen until the long-neck creature made direct eye-contact with him.

Second favorite part had to be the birds that were hanging around the recovery area at the end. And the amazingly delicious pumpkin muffins that I may have had three of.

A kookaburra!!! (feel free to start singing the song) 

It took all that I had not to steal him and make him my new best friend. 
The rest of the day consisted of preparing for ‘friendsgiving’ that Andrew’s roommate was hosting. He made and AMAZING turkey, the spread was incredible, and I was one happy girl when we sat down to eat.





Did anyone else race this weekend? What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Cheers to a short week!

2 comments:

  1. Functionally, audemars piguet replica sale this Transocean Unitime gives some sort of time period wedding ring in addition to creatively furthermore, it gives some sort of entire world involved with this switch. As i primary discovered pics on the Unitime When i idea the planet hublot replica uk glimpse smooth in addition to might have been with mother-of-pearl. Not any, definitely not due to this of a man check out. The guts entire world is usually far more some sort of violet that has a healthy shopping coloration gradient having gray-colored area lots. The item absolutely communicates this fake chanel sale meaning connected with "this is usually a vacation goers watch" : not any bafflement at this time there. Everyone loves an excellent per day time disc-based earth time period element. You've got viewed that with portions by Patek Philippe, because of iwc replica uk entry level extravagance check out models. It is quite practical. For an extended time when you required a superb earth timer check out that has a chronograph you would probably receive something like some sort of hublot replica sale Girard-Perregaux ww. tc (assessed in this article). It's simple to squeeze in a Breitling Transocean Unitime to that limited number. "Unitime" basically symbolizes "universal rolex replica sale time period. inches I'm sure of which Breitling decided not to would like to noise everyday in addition to put together some sort of label that had been certainly not "world timer.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!