Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spirit

The Christmas spirit hit me pretty hard last night, thanks to a visit up to Baltimore’s 34th street with a group o' pals.




Baltimore has really, really grown on me the past few months. You would have thought that would steal summer my heart, but it’s really been fall and the beginning of winter that I’ve fallen in love with living in the city. The option to walk pretty much everywhere, and having friends just a few short blocks away is incredibly attractive to me.

I've also been lucky enough to avoid those horrific city traffic back-ups due to an accidents for the past five months… until today. I made the poor choice of not checking my maps app (I have two interstate options when driving to work) and chose the wrong one, which was at a standstill.



Luckily, I had made the correct choice of swinging by Panera on my way out of the city and grabbing a coffee.


That, and Luke Bryan kept me occupied as we crawled through the tunnel at a pace that I could have ran at.

Speaking of running, I’m at a bit of a standstill when it comes to my workouts. I feel bored (still) not being able to run very much, and to top it off haven’t been eating very awesomely with the holiday festivities starting to pile up.  For instance, today I dragged myself down to the gym after work with literally no workout in mind.

I put in a half-assed half hour of cardio on the elliptical, plodded along on the stairmaster for awhile, and then threw weights around until I felt somewhat sweaty. I’ve found that when it comes to training/working out, I do a lot better when I have a schedule/some kind of plan to follow.

Any suggestions out there? I’m open to it all.

Following work tomorrow, Andrew and I are headed west to Snowshoe Ski Resort in West Virginia.  He surprised me with the trip about a month ago when he was still gone so that we had something to look forward to. Man did he pick the perfect weekend, as it’s been snowing there almost all week.

I’m ready to spend the weekend tearing up some trails and getting some quality Andrew time. (Gag, I know)

Cheers my friends - 
K

3 comments:

  1. Have an amazing getaway! What an awesome treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. must go see christmas lights soon! also, when you find workout motivation throw some my way. i am lacking too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah YAY Baltimore does grow on people. I love Smalltimore. My friend lives on 34th street so I'm heading to see the lights tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!