Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Posts

I have a lot on my heart this morning. But I'll try to keep it short.

As a world, we sure do have a lot going on huh? Maybe it's because I'm getting older and much more aware/observant, or maybe it's because everything that happens now is broadcast - instantly - across infinite mediums. But it feels heavy.

I've been struggling with wanting to share posts lately, because honestly everything that I sit down and write comes off as kind of negative - and none of us need or want that.

So like I said, I'll keep this short and to the point.

If I had to guess, you're frustrated and/or upset by something. If you're not, you might be living in a hole. The news events are endless - from the recent mass shooting in Vegas, to various protests, to insane natural disasters - no need to list them all out.

Let me tell you one thing that absolutely isn't going to make much change: posting and/or re-posting on social media

Sharing news is important - sharing view points is important - I do it myself, often. And each of us has every right to be frustrated and/or feel emotional around certain topics, absolutely. However, in my personal opinion, you aren't actually changing very much by simply sharing your opinion on Facebook.

But Kait, how hypocritical of you, look at what you're doing right now.

I agree. So let me say, I'm not trying to change your mind on anything. I'm just trying to encourage to think past the posts.

Example: There's not much physically I can do from Israel when it comes to natural disaster relief in the States. So I googled, chose the organization I felt to be most trusted (Red Cross) and donated.

Personally I'm very moved by the situation down in Puerto Rico, so that is where I chose to donate.

San Juan, PR - May, 2014
It's small. But it's something that's going to move the needle a little bit more than a retweet on Twitter. Heck - even a face to face conversation can move the needle more than a social media conversation - because it's more personal.

Lastly, I hope you read this and hear my tone of accountability, not judgement. There's no judgement - I'm just as guilty as the next person for splattering my emotions on social media and feeling triumphant. Yet I really don't think any of us should feel remotely triumphant unless we are actively seeking out ways to use our opinions to help with actual change.

I'll leave you with this, because man will this guy be missed:



Cheers-
Kait

2 comments:

  1. การใช้ aktop1 ในการวิเคราะห์และปรับปรุงกระบวนการผลิต pg slot การรับประกันสินค้าเป็นเรื่องที่สำคัญในการสร้างความเชื่อมั่นให้กับลูกค้าที่ซื้อสินค้าของอะแคทอป 1 ซึ่งอะแคทอป 1 จะยอมรับการรับประกันได้โดยมีขั้นตอน

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!