Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015

Gosh, it's been awhile hasn't it? Like, three months. I do miss free writing, I will admit that. Especially when I have a slow quiet morning, with a coffee beside me, like today.

And delicious pancakes, those help too

Not that I haven't been writing - I have been a lot, on my crossfit blog. Here is the post on my 2015 goals if you're interested.... I feel good about them. I feel good about a lot of things I have going on in life right now actually - my job, volleyball, crossfit, running.... wedding planning.

Wedding planning... man oh man. I honestly kind of wish someone would have sat me down post-engagement and been like, "Hey, I know you're really excited and all, but I would highly consider running away and eloping."

I'm kidding... kind of. I'm PUMPED to get married in May and it's going to be awesome, do not get me wrong. But if you ever feel like giving yourself a couple ulcers, plan a large wedding in a state that's halfway across the country from you.

Kidding again, I don't have ulcers. If anything , the experience so far has helped Andrew and me to stop frequently and refocus on what's actually important - the marriage part. SO MUCH PLANNING goes into the two-day affair of getting married that we keep losing sight of the fact that we are actually committing our lives to each other, I'm stealing his last name, we are going to share a bed forever and ever and ever and everrrrrrrrr, etc.




You know what I'm saying. It's been a good experience. An eye-opening one. Just felt the need to share.

ANOTHER thing that I've been meaning to share are these guys:



The holidays and seeing family and delicious food/drinks are wonderful and all, but following both Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years, I've gotten back into Baltimore feeling like a sluggish balloon.

What was cool was, when I got back to my house post-Thanksgiving, I was greeted by a box full of these:



Awhile ago, Allison over at Garden of Flavor juices reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to try out their juices. And I was like 'Duh I love juices.'  I opted for a box full of their green juices (Mean Greens and Green Harmony) - and she sent enough for me to drink two per day for over a week. Plus some extras - like the one pictured up there, Goji Pineapple.

Ingredients in Goji Pineapple:
-Organic Pineapple
-Organic Apple
-Organic Goji Berry Juice
-Organic Ginger Root
-Organic Lemon
-Organic Mint

Now, I wasn't paid to write this, I'm just writing it because they were so kind to let me try the awesomeness that they've got going on, and because I'm a believer in cold-pressed juices. They also have some information on their website if you're into juice cleanses and what not.


For about eight days I included two green juices per day into my daily meal regimen - I would drink one for breakfast with an egg or two, and then normally have another late afternoon prior to heading to the gym. Honestly, by mid-December, I felt great. I'm always hesitant with juices these days because 1. a lot of them are loaded with sugar 2. a lot of them are LOADED with sugar - but these aren't. You get what the bottle says you get - plus they've got probiotics in them which make your stomach happy!



Their website lists where you can buy them, or you can also order online if you're interested. You better believe I've got it down in my wedding planner to order some more of those green juices in early May, just so that I can make sure my stomach and body is extra happy come the big day.

Anyways, that's my pitch on juices if you're interested. I'm hoping to be back later this month - I've got a volleyball tournament in Richmond next weekend, so maybe we can chat again afterwards. I hope all of your 2015's are off to a magical start. Go do something awesome today.

Cheers - 

Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!